Friday, September 23, 2011

Gearing up

The other night, at the First Dutchess Guild meeting, it was all about gearing up, for the show in a few weeks, for this years art challenges, for a good year of exciting guild activities. It seems that this time of year there is alot of that kind of thought. We are gearing up for the Let's Get Started course to begin on October 4, Please remember that even if your name is on the list, registration payment is the only thing that guarantees your spot. This is a great way to learn or review quilting skills like accurate cutting , achieving and maintaining an accurate seam, how to work with triangles, and match intersections. Get a friend who wants to learn to quilt and sign up with her, if we need to we will create another section.

We are also gearing up to vend at the First Dutchess Heritage Quilt show mentioned earlier. It promises to be a good show, and I will be there, with some pieces entered, and lots of goodies in the Village Fabric Shoppe Booth. I am however looking for a second vehicle to help get some of it there Friday Night, and (hopefully empty) display racks home Sunday Night. My Husband is usually my second transport vehicle, but he will be in LA that whole weekend. If you live near the shop and will be picking up your quilt entry after the show Sunday anyway, can you take something back to Red Hook for me? I need to know ahead of time who will be helping due to security measures, and to know what I can realistically transport to and from the site. My little car doesn't do well with display racks ( and I will have two new lines of fun threads to introduce at the show!! )

No comments:

Post a Comment

let us know what you think.