Friday, August 19, 2011

DC Fair and a Thread Question

This coming week includes the Dutchess County Fair. The Needlework section is naturally my favorite part, although there is much to have fun with. I want to thank everyone who has helped with fair, from behind the scenes or by entering something. As usual, our gallery space is open for after the fair for anyone who would like to hang their work in a protected space that dedicated stitchers can get closer to. The needlework at the fair needs to be protected from cotton candy and residue from the animal barns, so it sometimes happens that the detailed and fine workmanship is difficult to see. The customers who visit the gallery here present no such dangers. If you win a ribbon you can even leave it attached. This year we will offer a viewers choice award too. That will be calculated on September 10, so be sure to see them and cast your vote before then.

Before I let you all go and get ready for the fair, I want to ask a question about thread. I am considering bringing in a new thread from Wonderfil. They make some stunning kinds and choosing just one is really hard. I already have the Deco Bob, an 80 weight polyester for the bobbin, that is also fantastic for invisible hand applique, and rayon assortments that are just delicious for decorative work by machine. I am trying to decide between a display rack of Tutti, a variegated 50 weight cotton for hand and machine, or Razzle, an 8 weight rayon Perle. I have used it for bobbin work and hand embroidery with beautiful results. Please let me know which thread you would rather I stock by leaving a comment, emailing, posting to my wall on Facebook or visiting the shoppe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

let us know what you think.